vendredi 29 mai 2015

electrical problem...I think

Hello all,

I have a snapper sr1433 hi vac with a 14.5 hp ohv briggs engine and I am having starting issues. The mower ran great before it didnt... A week before I started having issues I replaced the spark plug, air filter and changed the oil for the season. The mower was staring every first key turn with no issues. Then I got a call from my wife stating the mower shut off and she couldn't get it started. When I came home I put a spark plug tester on and it indicated there was no spark. Being that the mower ran great before I figured a bad part. I immediately ordered a magneto. After replacing it I still am not making spark.

I have looked over the wiring and think there may be a wire that was disconnected. It would explain the sudden loss of spark...looking over the wiring I noticed that there are two wires coming from under the flywheel, sorry if I am calling it the wrong thing but I'm referring to the part the starter engages and it also brushes the magneto to make spark, and it has two wires a red and a black. The red is run directly to the positive side of the solenoid. The other is disconnected. However I think maybe it is supposed to be as some diagrams showed headlights run off that black lead from the alternator, and I don't have any. I also noticed a red wire coming off of the positive terminal of the solenoid going to a fuse and back towards the engine. It had a connector that looked like it had a wire ripped out of it. I have no idea where it would go.

With no spark and a suspect wire I think this may be the culprit. I just don't know where to go with t. Hope someone can help.

Snapper SR1433
Model: 287707
Type: 1235-e1
Code: 9904292e


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire