vendredi 29 mai 2015

Walk behind HRR21 Smart Drive Problems

Greetings guys!

New forum remember here. I have a Honda 21" walk behind self-propelled mower, the sticker says model number HRR2166VXC, s/n MZCG-8005608. That's the Canadian model number, but it's similar to the HRR2167VKA (and others). I bought this new in 2009 and I'm having problems with the drive wheel mechanism, specifically with the right rear wheel. Symptoms include the wheel wobbling and grinding noises when engaging the drive and mowing over bumpy areas or making turns.

I pulled the wheel and saw significant wear on the gear attached to the wheel as well as the pinion gear. I got a new wheel and pinion gear from the local parts dealer and replaced the old ones. This was fine for most of last year's mowing season, but the same problem is back. I think the problem is wear on the (fixed) axle itself. As soon as the wheel starts to wobble on the axle, the gear teeth will grind and it's downhill from there.

Short of replacing the whole rear axle shaft (don't know the part number), what can I do to repair this? Is there a way I can repair the axle? Is there some kind of sleeve I can use, or a better fitting wheel bearing? :confused3:

(Coincidentally I had the same problem with my old Toro mower - wear and tear of the wheel drive components. But the Toro used some plastic components, and the axle was wearing too. I threw a lot of parts at that Toro and finally bought the Honda when it was clear the old Toro need a new axle.)

My yard is roughly a quarter acre, some bumpy areas and some smooth, and a drainage ditch out front. No smooth golf course greens here. :tongue:

Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire