samedi 30 mai 2015

Turf Tiger Rebuild

Ok guys as promised I will start posting up a few shots as I progress through the rebuild of my recently acquired Turf Tiger 2001 year with Kohler 25HP engine.

This mower was in a sad state when I bought it but at a bargain price I could not resist the challenge.

After initially determining that most things were repairable I set to stripping the unit down.

1.jpg2.jpg

Next it was time to get out the paint stripper, lethal stuff that, and strip down the main body.

3.jpg

The first major job to tackle was to rectify someones attempt to repair the wheel motor mount. I am not sure the history behind why the motor mount was removed and rebuilt as the mower came from an auction house. If you are reading this anyway and you did the repairs I suggest you learn to weld (LOL).

4.jpg

There was no way I was leaving it in that state so rather than make good I decided to cut it off and make a new one from scratch.

4a.jpg

Very pleased with the outcome once fabricated and welded back to the frame and its starting to look like standard again.

5.jpg

You will notice in this photo that the same certified welder had attempted a repair on the rear pulley housing. They also welded the engine support plate to the rear housing due to the end of the engine mount fracturing and snapping off. Again not sure what had happened here but I am in the process of rectifying that so will post up pictures when it is complete. While in the process I am going to reinforce the pump mounting areas with an additional 3mm sandwiched plate much the same as the way the driveshaft spindle is reinforced.

6.jpg

This will be a weekly update due to work etc so until next week.
Attached Images


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire