vendredi 29 mai 2015

New Pull Cord Will Not Budge After a Few Inches

Hello, all,

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a mechanic. Not even close.

I installed - somewhat, I guess, LOL - a Driveworks pull cord on my MTD YM with a B&S 12H802-0652-01 (5.5 hp). I ran into a problem when I tried to pull the cord up gently toward the handlebars to where you grab the cord handle to yank and start the mower.

If I hold the rewind assembly by itself, not attached to the mower, the cord comes out just fine. If I put it on the mower, and release the brake, it moves a few inches and then jerks to a stop.

I do need to put SAE30 in the mower; that was next on my mower agenda. Is it refusing to budge because there's no oil in there? Or do I need to totally assemble the thing before testing the pull cord? Is something going on with my flywheel brake? Go ahead, get your laughs out now. I work in IT :wink::tongue:

Please tell me I made a silly, rookie mistake and it'll only take me a few minutes and some greasy fingertips to get going again.

Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire