samedi 30 mai 2015

rough running and backfire after rebuild

Hello,

I just rebuilt my CV492S (18HP, single cyl OHV, about 750 hours, installed in Cub LT1018). I had complete valve job and cylinder hone by a local auto machine shop. New battery, starter, and plug. Fuel pump and carb replaced last year or two so I'm assuming they are still good. Non-adjustable valve lash. New std size rings. New breather tube. All new fuel hose and filter. No other major parts replaced that I can think of. Used fresh 91 octane fuel with stabilizer after rebuild - same fuel source used in push mower with no issues.

The engine ran great for about 30 minutes after initial checks and carb adjustments: about 10 minutes under no/low load with varying throttle, about 20 minutes under load, then began running very rough, no power, loss of rpm, and lots of backfire (not every stroke).

No oil leaks, no oil coming out of breather.

Still cranks well with plug unplugged. I have removed the valve cover and can see valves lifting as I turn the engine by hand, but no further disassembly yet.

Any ideas of what to check? Would like to know what to look for before further disassembly.

Thanks a whole bunch for the help.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire