mercredi 27 mai 2015

New IS 3200, disappointed, need advice

I bought a new Ferris IS 3200 61" this spring. Had a John Deere 265 Lawn Tractor 17 hp with a 46" deck for the last 15 years. I wanted to cut down my mowing time, which I did, however, this thing is hard to get used to.
I have about 4 acres with lots of trees, small and large, and I thought then zero turn would solve my proiblems. It does turn circles fast, but the 26" tires are tearing up my lawn, and grabbing my shrubs and bushes and running over the low limbs that get pulled in by the big rear tires.
The extra width of the deck allows the blades to find rock and roots that were never a problem before (mowing height is set at 3"). It is also scalping areas where there is a slight roll or hill.
The ROPS is way too high, even when folded, and hits tree limbs if I'm not very careful. I'm thinking of shortening the ROPS or removing it.
I think this machine would be awsome mowing large flat fields, but I'm having difficulty with my lawn.
This machine is really fast, and has a pretty comfortable ride, 2 things I was looking for, but I feel I over bought. I think I'd have been better off with a 54" diesle lawn tractor, or maybe a 4 wheel steer unit. Due to the price of the Ferris, I don't feel I can walk away from and sell it for anywhere near what I paid. Any advice or recomendantions on the above issues are appreciated.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire