samedi 30 avril 2016

23yr old Honda Harmony 215 rebuild or replace?

My reliable Harmony seems a little tired. The deck and the other parts are all still okay. But the engine is using oil and vibrates like crazy. It actually shakes less when the blades are spinning. It's having trouble with tallish grass too.
I had the carb clean up a couple of years ago and they did some other maintenance also. I also think the blade brake clutch material is gone. The mower was the gxv140 motor that is rated the same as the new gcv160 only the new one isn't commercial grade.

I really like the blade brake system so that limits the choices of new machines. The replacement for the Harmony is $700, a little expensive, and no longer has the commercial grade motor. I love the fact that I never have to worry about the deck rusting and it stays pretty clean.

I was also looking at the Toro 20376. It has an aluminum deck, blade brake and a 5 year warranty. The Toro txp engine seems to be the old Honda gxv design and has more power.

Is it possible to rebuild the Harmony? Will it cost just about as much as a new mower? What do the experts think?

Thanks


23yr old Honda Harmony 215 rebuild or replace?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire