jeudi 28 avril 2016

Briggs Quantum Shooting White Smoke everywhere upon startup

I recently acquired this Briggs Quantum engine mounted on a new Poulan deck. I removed the air filter (which wasn't that dirty) and air filter cover to get to the carb. It appears very clean. I filled the tank (it was empty and dry) with fresh gas and attempted to start it. It didn't do anything. Then I sprayed quick start into the carb. It fires once, and shoots white smoke out from everywhere. Out the muffler, out the carb, and I'm assuming out of the head gasket. My question is, since it appears that it's coming from that general area, can I assume that the head gasket is blown? Would a compression test confirm this? I have a compression tester, but I haven't checked this engine yet. The engine is from 1988, so it's certainly used. Oh and by the way, the spark plug looks like it is also from 1988. The hex part is completely rusted. I wouldn't think changing it at this point would do any good, I think I have a bigger problem. Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

quantum.JPG
Attached Images


Briggs Quantum Shooting White Smoke everywhere upon startup

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire