mardi 26 avril 2016

Mower bogging problem

Hey Guys
Here's my problem. I have a Toro Time cutter zero turn mower that's got me stumped. The guy that brought it to me described the problem as the engine cutting out and stumbling under load. He stated that he replaced the carb and stated that the problem improved but he could not get the carb adjusted to the point to take the stumbling out of it. When I started checking the mower it wild cut out on flat ground even when the mower was not under load. He replaced the fuel filter at time of carb change. It is spitting back through the carb also but intermittently. It's not smoking. I pulled the new carb back down ( to assure that all was well with the float and needle and seat). The carb looked fine. Also, the muffler was broken at the exhaust neck and it had caused damage to the spark plug boot and sparkplug/coil wire. So I'm thinking that since it's an intermittent problem, maybe the coil wire was breaking down. I replaced it with a new coil since it needed to be repaired anyway. Still, same problem. I adjusted the valves thinking the spitting back problem could be the problem. The valves were out but not by much. The engine seems to have great compression. So I have attacked fuel, spark and compression. Now where do I go? The mower info is below. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
B&S 17.5 HP OHV
Model Type Code
31777 0148-E1 001019ZD


Mower bogging problem

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire