mercredi 27 avril 2016

Dixon SpeedZTR 44 Safety Switch issue

My Dixon SpeedZTR just shut down while mowing. Everything seemed okay, it just stopped as if I had stood up and the seat switch killed the motor. When I tried to start it, it would not engage the solenoid, again as if the seat switch was operated. I put it in the shop, tested the seat switch, it was fine. I took the turning arm safety switches off, noticed the connectors were filled with dust, so blew them clean and reconnected them. It started right up. Yay! problem solved. I put everything back together, went back into the field mowed for three or four minutes, boom! same thing. Crap! Pulled it back in the shop, removed the plugs from the brake safety switches, blew them clean, hooked 'em back up. I noticed that the seat safety switch produced an open circuit when it was operated, so I just unplugged it for the test. Hit the key, started right up. Yay! I put everything back together, (including seat switch) hopped in the seat, hit the key - Nothing! Back to square one. The arm and brake safety switches test okay on the meter. I am thinking either there is a wiring issue (broken or loose) that I fixed temporarily when I messed with the arm switches, or perhaps a bad clutch switch.

Two questions: First, are there any safety switches beside the 5 on the seat, arms and brake that I missed?

Second, Are the symptoms described indicative of a bad clutch switch?

Thanks in advance,

Sned


Dixon SpeedZTR 44 Safety Switch issue

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire