mardi 26 avril 2016

need some educating on how ignitions work nowadays

I was trying to start my mower and it won't fire up at all. Not even with starting fluid sprayed in the breather. So I pulled the plug and spun the crank a few times and nothing, no spark at all. I had a spare coil so I changed it out but still nothing. So I figured it must be the ignition module. And I'm not so old to think it had points and a condensor. Anyway, I got the flywheel off expecting to find a module of some sort. There is nothing there other than the flywheel and coil. How do these work nowadays? I'm at a loss as to why it isn't firing and am just standing staring at it. Were the old points/condensor and later, capacative discharge ignition systems just for show? I'm about ready to bolt an electric motor on the mower bed and drag a cord behind me!

This is a Toro self-propelled push mower that has been converted to run off propane because of the crappy gasoline we have to use now.

Thanks for any help,
Alan


need some educating on how ignitions work nowadays

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire