samedi 10 mai 2014

Scotts mower with 17.5 Kohler

Hello everybody this is my first post.And I feel like a dummy.I have a excellent shape Scotts mower vintage around 2004 with only 144 hrs on it.Well battery was dead last year so I never used it.Put it away and it ran fine.This year I buy a new battery and figured I would be mowing today.Will not fire.Turns over like crazy.Now for the sad part.I have used all my tricks to get it going.



1-fuel pump pumping to carb fine.

2-excellent spark

3-compression about 70 psi -80 psi.Book says it has compression release so using regular compression gauge is not accurate but it seems OK to me

4-fuel shut off solenoid at carb not gummed up and is working.

5-took bowl off and fuel shooting into bowl when engine is cranked

6-check muffler ouput in case of mice ---- clean and has a screen on it anyways

7-shot some starting fluid in airfilter intake and engine will spin a maybe give a puff of a start and usually backfire

8-battery is connected properly

9- no gunk in carb-took apart and checked it and spray cleaner into main jet area and comes out into venturi area.



Only thing IMO possible is maybe compression release is hanging up and not enough compression.But like I said the mower was used and then put away for the winter.Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Ed Milkiewicz:ashamed::ashamed:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire