dimanche 29 juin 2014

new guy with new Bad Boy Outlaw 810

20140629_074033.jpgHello all .....

I recently purchased a BB Outlow , 810 Briggs ,61 in cut mower.......

Compared to my old John Deere 316 the bad boy is VERY nice.

Im not a professional mower but I like a nice yard .

we have roughly 6 acres , about 3.5 of that is fenced in pasture for the wifes horse , the rest (2.5) I mow ,

it's all different terrain. .

Some nice and flat, some mean inclines leading to basement entrance.

I have no idea what kind of grass I have [hopefully I will find out from this forum)

But we live out in the sticks and have lots of trees to mow around couple road ditches (mole problem)

Entire pasture is mowed 2 rows on the inside and of course I have to mow up again the fence while mowing the yard

The new mower makes short work of it compared to the ol John deere 316

Don't get me wrong ...... The ol deere was a good lawn tractor but the bad boy runs circles around it

When it comes to mowing.

Couple things ....

When I first started mowing with the bad boy of course it takes some getting used to.

Learned pretty fast.

Initially I had it set on 2 in cut .....

Not sure of it was cutting 2 in but I didn't like the height of the grass so I lowered it to 1.5 and raised the mower up on jack stands

And moved the deck wheels up one bolt hole all the way around

Mostly because just lowering the pin to 1.5 still didn't give me the cut I wanted ......

Now it gives me the height of cut I like.

Sometimes, it scalps a spot or two due to some of the terrain around the yard

But on the main flats it gives me the cut I like .

The mower is comfortable. ... Although I wish I could swing the fancy seat the factory one will work .

I just now have 23 hrs on her

I mow minimum of once a week and power wash her after every 2nd mow

I recently got a little cocky with it and took it out to the center of the uncut pasture and mowed my boys a circle

To ride their new 50cc motorcycle with training wheels so as they don't hit anything in the yard .

I'll admit .... mower probably want made for 3 foot tall horse pasture ...

But I raised deck to 2 in and went slow and although it was working hard

it left an Unbelievable cut and was perfect for the boys to ride their beginner motorcycles.

I'll be honest. ...getting used to the mower I've made a couple grave errors

I first mowed with the roll bar up .well . Cause I didn't know any better

I quickly snagged a tree limb with the roll bar and raised the front of the mower up pretty

High quickly. ....enuf to make me pucker , and put the roll bar in the Dow position

I did accidentally turn blades on while over the gravel drive way (brain fart of the yr)

but like I say I'm new to it so still getting used to it .

I can literally mow the main yard in an hr or so which used to take 2 , 3 hr days and

lots off steering on the ol deere

I really like this mower

There are a couple thing I don't like about it.

Traction .....

I have a few places that stay "damp" and the 2 grades leading to the basement

Are difficult to navigate because it just doesn't hook up ..

Maybe I'm still learning the lever steering system

But I think it does lack a little in the traction department.

The 60 in deck is unbelievably built

sometimes I rub a wood fence post with it and I swear it's gonna snap it off at the ground, but it being 60 in leves a Wierd cut sometimes

In road ditches, kinda like the deck is to large for the ditch ,I've tried angle into the ditch both directions to kinda V it out but sometimes it Still leves a line ...

I just mowed Friday and it was the first time I mowed since mowing the pasture

I noticed for the first time it didn't leve as nice of a cut ...

I'm guessing between me engaging blades over gravel and mowing a pasture I should not have dulled the blades .

I ordered some new ones from bad boy part online store

Hope to get those on this week before I gotta mow again. .

Ok I'll quit gabbing here

I joined this forum to learn all I can about the mower .mowing techniques, and every aspect of having as nice of a lawn as I can

Get ...

Any and all input both negative and positive is greatly appreciated. ..

Thank you

Samot


Attached Images






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire