mercredi 24 septembre 2014

Vibration in belts....

Got another question about my new Tiger Cat 61". I cut for about three hours today and it cut beautifully! But how much shaking/vibration is normal in the belts/pulleys? I test drove a 52" TC a couple of days ago, and in my memory it seemed very smooth when I engaged the blades. I didn't look under the plate at the belts, but the blades seemed to start very smoothly with no noticeable shaking, and I don't remember the engine RPMs changing much (but my memory could be faulty).



But THAT isn't the machine I bought. I visited another dealer who offered me a fantastic deal on a 61" that he had in stock. It only had 1/10th of an hour on it from a couple of parking lot test drives, and had never cut grass. It looked virtually perfect (except for some rust on the spindle pulleys that I mentioned in another thread). But on this machine, when I engage the blades, the machine shakes quite a bit and the engine VERY noticeably decreases RPMs (and if I try to engage the blades at low idle the motor will often go dead). And when the blades are running, the idler pulleys and the belts vibrate a lot (although the spindles themselves are spinning perfectly with no visible vibration). I pointed it out to the salesman and he assured me that this is normal. And before I came back with my trailer to pick up the machine, they took it into the shop and had their mechanic look it over and he said it was fine as well. So hopefully I'm just being overly picky. :rolleyes: But if something actually IS wrong, I'd like to get it fixed now before it gets worse or causes other problems.





I've put a couple of videos on Youtube showing what I'm talking about. Does this amount of shake/vibration seem normal?



In this first video, I engage the PTO at about half throttle.









David




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire