samedi 20 décembre 2014

Carb linkage

I had to rebuild a 13 hp Kohler engine on an STX38 John Deere. I had taken pictures during breakdown but somehow deleted the picture of the carb linkage before I removed the carb. I can start the engine now in the closed choke position but when I open the choke into the run/idle position I have to move the lever to the low idle position or the engine bogs down. When I try to idle the engine up to full throttle/operating speed it bogs down. Before I start to explore whether I have a carb issue I want to make sure the linkages are set right. I cannot find a linkage diagram anywhere. Can anyone help? I've attached photos of how the linkages are currently positioned.



The engine is a CV13S-21509



Afterthought: This is the same engine I posted other questions about. One of the two throttle plate screws had come loose and gotten sucked into and past the intake valve and was stamped into the cylinder head cover. As I was looking at the photos I just took and about to upload, I'm wondering if I have the throttle plate positioned correctly. Seems like the throttle plate screws should be visible. I know I had taken the throttle plate off, of course I thought I had it back on correctly.


Attached Images






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire