mercredi 31 décembre 2014

Looking to buy a push mower for mainly mulching

Hello all,



First off, a merry late christmas and a happy new year too all of you!



Secondly, my predicament.



I have about 1.3 acres of land and some of it is unaccessable to our two riding mowers (old Cub cadet and newer Husq) and our 17 year old Craftsman mower bit the dust recently. I would be using this mower to mow (moreso mulch) this area and mulch leaves in our front yard between the trees.



I've been looking through forums, reviews, and other sites for all the information I can get... and... well, it seems that I am even more clueless as to what to get than before I started, which is why I turn to you guys.



Here is some information of what our terrain is, our needs/wants/budget:



Acreage to be mowed/mulched: Approximately .4-.5 acres



What will be mowed/mulched: Leaves (A LOT OF LEAVES), small twigs, and grass. The grass will not be terribly thick (since grass doesn't grow very well on our property). Bagging capabilites are not relevant to me.



Terrain: Here's where it gets tricky, our property has several terrains- hard & rocky, sand, dirt/soil. The part that will be mulched is primarily a sandy terrain. It will also have slight inclines.



Wants: A push mower with RWD or AWD (unless you guys suggest against it) that can withstand more abuse than one on a traditional suburban manicured lawn. I would like it to be relatively light (less than 100lbs) since we actually have to lift it above a retaining wall to mow the unaccessasble area.



Budget: My budget is flexible in the sense that if you can recommend and convince me that spending the extra dough on a mower would be more worth it in the long run, then I'll consider it. I do, however, want to stay in the range of $400+/- as the max (before tax).



I've visted HD and Lowes, and currently the Honda HRR216K9VKA: Honda 21 in. 3-in-1 Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Mower with Auto Choke-HRR216K9VKA - The Home Depot



and the Toro 20332: Toro Personal Pace Recycler 22 in. Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower with Briggs & Stratton Engine-20332 - The Home Depot





as well as the cheaper Lawn Boy 10732 Lawn-Boy 21 in. Rear Wheel Drive Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower with Kohler Engine-10732 - The Home Depot



but I really haven't the slightest clue of what would be sufficient. I do want a mower that will last and is well built.





So if you have any suggestions, lay them on me,





Thank you and Happy New Year!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire