jeudi 18 décembre 2014

MS-310 Chain Lube Leaking----Need HELP!

I'm a BRAND NEW Newbie. I don't normally join forums; but I'm desperate for an answer/help with my Stihl Chainsaw Model MS-310. I was born & raised in the SE Woods of Mississippi; but I joined the Navy and after my Tour was up, moved to the Great Northwest to live, hunt, & WORK. After 20 years of cutting Firewood with a Husky Chainsaw, I moved back Way Down South and was advised to purchase a REAL chainsaw....a STIHL. I was further advised that in order to enjoy trouble free continuous use of my Stihl, I should take it to a Stihl Authorized Dealer and have it annually serviced. I will honestly admit, I have a problem letting other folks work on any of my equipment; but upon the insistence of my oldest son, I relented this year (he volunteered to pay). I just started to cut some additional firewood for our Southern MS winter needs and discovered that the Chain is not getting any lubrication. Upon further detailed troubleshooting/investigation, I discovered all my Chain Lube Oil was coming out the front of my Stihl. (Lots of oil) As most of you longtime Stihl Owners know, Stihl is "Stingy" with the Maintenance info they make available! I have attached a pic of the hole where the Chain Lube is pouring out of.

I said all the above to ask this; "Can anyone please advise if there is something supposed to be in this hole? and if so, can you tell me what the part # is?"

Very Respectfully,

The NEW Newbie


Attached Images






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire