vendredi 19 décembre 2014

Redmax EBZ-8001 SN (6100XXXX) Only runs on starter fluid

I am trying to troubleshoot an issue that has been going on for a few months now. Just to point out a few items that have already been addressed:



1. New carb has been installed (brand new and complete not rebuilt)

2. New Muffler has been installed

3. All gaskets haev been replaced

4. New Fuel Filter and Fuel Lines

5. New Spark Plug

6. New Piston and Piston rings

7. Exhaust port has been cleaned



Has strong compression. Has strong spark. Will only run if I spray a little amount of starter fluid into the intake port or the spark plug port. Once the fluid burns up it will not run any longer. If I remove the spark plug I do not see or smell the gas mixture coming out of the spark plug. The carb has gas and can prime well. I revisited the piston and removed the intake manifold to get a look at the piston as it moves up and down in the cylinder case and I noticed that on the intake side the piston rings never get below the top of the intake port. I am not sure if that is the normal operation. I suspect that there is something wrong with this operation and that the gax is never getting pulled into the chamber hence the reason why no mixture comes out of the spark port and why the engine will not run on anything other than starter fluid. Does anyone have a similar experience or any thoughts or direction in which I can go? Thanks in advance for the help.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire