mardi 23 décembre 2014

HS 40 New Issues Valve guides?

It's me again.



OK after many hours and mountains of frustration, I have good consistent spark now. Turns out the after market coils are not working very well in this engine. So i reused the original coil. I heat shrunk the coil wire.



I have fuel and spark but no start. I started to investigate the intake valve so see if it's stuck open. I poked through the plug hole with a small screw driver. It is not open. But it wiggles around all over the place when it's open. I'll have to pull the head and side cover off now.



Before I tear into this new problem, I wanted to know a few things. I doubt the valve rocking around is normal. I'm thinking the spring is off and it may need a new valve guide. I thought I read someplace they were replaceable. Anybody have any experience with this?



Rivits, did you say the intake valve is open twice? This one opens twice in the same cycle. The second stroke opens slightly, shorter duration than the intake stroke



Any input on this would be appreciated



Thanks in advance (Again)



Merry Christmas




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire