mercredi 17 décembre 2014

Transaxle fluid? Scotts S1642

Okay, so I finally figured out the model # of my lawn tractor and now I'm curious what kind of fluid I need to use in the transaxle? There's nothing in my manual about transaxle service/fluid replacement because I'm sure the good engineers at Scotts/John Deere assumed the transaxle would never be serviced by the owner. No, I'm certain they had faith that nobody would ever try to service their own transaxle and that they would run off to the local JD service center for such a complicated procedure. :laughing:



Since I'm going to be pushing snow with it, I'm curious what kind of fluid I should use? Even if I weren't planning on pushing snow, I'd still want to do this b/c it's a whiny lil' bastard and is probably due for a fluid change just because it needs it.



I'm also thinking about mixing in an additive, but I've seen some guys on here talk that regular engine oil is used as the transaxle fluid, so before I make that decision, I need to know what I (most likely) have in there. I very much doubt that it's been serviced at all since its purchase, but I don't know anything about the original owner and/or if they took reasonable care of it.



Thanks. :thumbsup:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire