jeudi 26 mars 2015

Changing drive belt issues on CT151

Hi all,



We brought a second hand Husqvarna CT151 ride-on mower 6 weeks ago, it worked fine. After 10 hours of mowing, the drive belt fell off and it was extremely worn so I decided to replace the belt from this source. I fitted on the new belt, it is rather loose. When I release the brake with the engine off, it picks up some tension but still rather loose, in this state I can easily pull the belt 3-4 inches and when I let go, the tensioner goes to its maximum reach and can't go further. The tensioner spring looks good and it's firm. I don't want to test drive with the belt as-is, worried that the engine will quickly wear out the belt by slipping. I have the manual and the pulley layout shown is different to what the actual layout is, the number of pulleys are different. I've had someone double check the belt route and he confirms that it looks correct. I'm not sure what I should do next - should I return the belt and get a shorter one? Or I'm making a mistake somewhere? Any suggestions would be appreciated.



Many thanks!



Regards - Piers




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire