dimanche 29 mars 2015

New to me Craftsman LT1000 couple things, pushing mower question

Greetings all. Got a 2002 (I think based on serial number 022004d002845) LT1000 model 917.273401 with a B&S 18HP ybsxs.5012vp 274826. Got it on craigslist for 100 bucks back in October. Came with the bagger and the guy even delivered. Figured how can I possibly go wrong! He thought it had a head gasket leak so I figured it should be fixable. He only thought that because he smelled burning oil last time he used it. Thing started up for him fine and it drove around fine. We tested before shaking on the deal.



Fast forward to today and I am doing the following: Changing the oil (got almost 2 quarts of black gritty oil out, think there is probably not a leak, just not taken care of) got a new filter coming (man those are pricey) new spark plug, new fuel filter, new prefilter for the airfilter.



I went to push it to the middle of my garage since I already drained the gas and the push pull rod was not disengaging the wheels. Each rear wheel wanted to spin in a opposite direction. Which I think is how it is supposed to go. Once I lifted the back a bit I was able to pull it backwards with the right rear wheel dragging just a bit. So I think the push pull is not properly working.



I pull off the back plate and the first thing I notice is that the push pull rod does not seem to actually do anything. It is attached via spring to a piece of metal and is just sitting there. Is it in the right place?

20150329_140838.jpg



I also feel the drive belt is very loose. I can cross the two sides over each other easily. Here is a shot looking towards the front:



20150329_151111.jpg



I will be clearing off all the grass before using it. And I am doing all of this work before trying to get the engine to run! But with everything changed, should be fine.



I do have a downloaded pdf of the correct manual but not seeing what I am needing.



Another thing I saw, I volt metered the battery which is only a few years old and got 12 volts, but when I turned the key to headlights, they did not come on. Do they only come on when the engine is running? I didn't start it since the plug is out, oil drained and such. I probably will not get a chance to finish until this coming weekend. But weather here is in the 40's and had a inch of snow last night.



Thanks in advance for the help.


Attached Images






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire