mercredi 27 mai 2015

Craftsman 917.378270 is making popping sound and won't start

Let me start by saying I am not a mechanic or claim to be and just want my grass to be able to be mowed.


So I have been having problems with this mower for the past month and it wants to start sometimes and work and then was shutting off and would not restart for a couple hours. I researched some issues I was having and chalked it up as a dirty carburetor and fuel bowl, so I took it off and cleaned it. I put it back together and then topped the oil off because it was reading a little low and may have added a little too much as I was stupidly not being cautious. The lawnmower started right up after a few tries and then proceeded to run for about 15 minutes before just shutting off. After this occurred, every time I tried to start the mower and it made a popping sound and it omitted smoke out of the muffler and did not start. After getting the same result while trying every 10-15 minutes for a couple hours I noticed that the muffler had oil in it and that it was dripping out, but the air filter was bone dry on the other side of the carburetor. Long story short I took the plastic casing off the top of the mower and turned it by hand and can hear oil slosh around and it comes to the muffler, or at least I can tell oil. I have no idea what to do and do not have the money to take it to a repair shop at the moment and don't really want to because the mower is very old to begin with.

My question is, is this an easy fix or something that novice cannot even come close to fixing? If it is going to be expensive or a major job, I will probably chalk up my losses and buy a used mower locally. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.


Edit:Here's a pic of what it is, not mine, but same mower..I think it's a 1990. (couldn't insert image because it was too big)
http://ift.tt/1ewyhCz


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire