mercredi 27 mai 2015

Governor Rod, normal "Flatted shaft" orientation, normal degrees of rotation

Howdy from Virginia folks. A neighbor brought me his OLDER Honda Harmony HRM215HXA complaining of a constant low rpm with no ability to increase rpm with throttle control. It is powered by the GXV-140 (serial- GJAB-413285).

After going through all the maintenance PMs and control plate adjustments I noticed the governor lever was not opening the throttle butterfly WOT to increase the engine rpm in FAST throttle control position, just as blessed neighbor described. I removed the governor lever and noticed the governor rod could be pushed into the engine case and rotated into a new position. The governor rod has a flat at the exterior end. The "as found" position had the governor rod flat aligned horizontally. The window of rotation was restricted to only a few degrees rotation (5-10 maybe?).

For grins and giggles, I pushed the governor rod into the housing a bit and rotated it CCW into a seemingly alternate position within the crankcase. The window of rotation in this "new position" gave me a 90 degree range of rotation from 270 degrees CW to 360 degrees. Not having Superman vision and not being able to see through the aluminum housing I'm flying blind on getting the governor rod properly positioned.

Thus my questions, what is the proper alignment relative to the governor rod/shaft "flat" and what range of rotation can I expect to see? I'm trying to do the governor shaft adjustment so I can get to setting the high end rpm.

Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire