mardi 26 mai 2015

How do I remove this pinion and bearing?

I have a Tanaka THT-2000 hedge trimmer which the owner left out in the rain. Water got into the gear case and rusted-up the drive pinion bearing. It's taken several days of soaking with penetrating oil and "gentle persuasion" to free it off. It's turning now but it's rough & notchy and needs replacing. Problem is, I can't get the darn thing out.

With it being set in an aluminium (aluminum) case I daren't clamp it too tight nor hit it too hard, nor can I heat up the ally case to expand it. You can see on the reverse side of the case is the clutch drum, so I presume the bearing can only come out in one direction.

How do I extract the damaged bearing without wrecking the gear case in the process?

Tanaka gearcase 1.jpgTanaka gearcase 2.jpgTanaka gearcase 3.jpgTanaka gearcase parts.png
Attached Images


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire