mardi 26 mai 2015

Looking for a new self propelled, opinions please!

Hey everyone. I am in the market for a new self propelled mower. I will be buying a rider soon but for right now I am stuck with being able to afford a walk behind, once I get the rider I will keep the pusher for a backup and to get into areas where the rider won't go, so I need something that will be durable and last.

I am looking at a few different brands and models but I have no idea what's going to work best for me. I had a Honda before, it had the GCV160 engine one it, I paid $400 for it. The mower worked extremely well, it started up and cut better than just about anything I have ever had. I replaced blades frequently and never knew why. It started to have some issues the longer I used it, the self propelled wasn't pulling that well and it had a vibration. At this point I hadn't used it in a little while, my wife decided to cut the grass while I was at work each time and I never got to use the mower. I took the mower to the dealer where I bought it for warranty on these issues. They called me and told me that warranty was denied because the mower had been "abused" I started yelling at them on the phone because I never abused the mower, it was washed, top and bottom each time I cut with it, oil changed every other cut, and so on.. They explained that the blades were worn almost completely away, the underside of the deck was worn away, and the crankshaft was bent. He asked me if I had dirt spots in my yard, I told him I did and he proceeded to explain that when you go over the dirt it gets pulled up into the blades and causes the damage that I had, as far as the shaft goes he said it was from hitting something.. I have a few buried rocks in my yard and get the occasional ding when going over them, I also have a gravel driveway and sometimes loose pieces get pulled into the mower in the grass. As it turns out, as I mentioned above my wife was using the mower when I was not home, apparently she has a theory that mowing over bare dirt areas makes grass grow, so she was getting out there and mowing the dirt causing the damage. I also recall her clearing an area of our yard that was overgrown with it, probably causing the damage to the crank.

I told you all of that to say this, I am really leaning toward another Honda, I have a fear though of bending the crank, I am reading things all over the net about these shafts bending, and I know first hand it can happen and costs as much to repair as the mower costs new. The sales person at the dealer I bought the last one from failed to tell me that the commercial mowers (with dark gray deck) have a hardened shaft whereas the normal (light gray deck) has a softer alloy shaft. I am not in a position to afford the better model at this time, so it would be another of the lower models, most likely the model hrr216. I am wondering if Honda has done anything to adress the crank shaft issue? Or is it still a problem, even with the brand new ones?

My yard is about 1.5 acres but the front is extremely hilly, very steep. There are bald spots which will get ran over, there are some rocks, both bigger buried ones and smaller loose ones. I told this to the sales guy, he said nothing but when I told it to the service guy he said the mower I bought was a bad choice! I mentioned the yard so that you guys would have an idea of what I am trying to do as I am hoping you can give me some advice on which mower to go with..

Here are the ones I am looking at

The Honda of course, Honda 21 in. 3-in-1 Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Mower with Auto Choke-HRR216K9VKA - The Home Depot

Toro recycler, there are 3 models, one with AWD, one with elec start, and one with blade stop. I am leaning toward the blade stop model Toro Recycler 22 in. All-Wheel Drive Personal Pace Variable Speed Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower with Briggs & Stratton Engine-20353 - The Home Depot

This Husky, but it has the same Honda engine Shop Husqvarna HU700H 160cc 22-in Self-Propelled High Rear Wheel Drive 3-in-1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Honda Engine and Mulching Capability at Lowes.com

This Husky with a Briggs Shop Husqvarna HU725AWD 190cc 22-in Self-Propelled All-Wheel Drive 3-in-1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Briggs & Stratton Engine and Mulching Capability at Lowes.com

Craftsman with Briggs platinum engine Craftsman 190cc Briggs & Stratton Platinum Series Engine, 22" All-Wheel Drive Lawn Mower - Lawn & Garden - Lawn Mowers - Self-Propelled Lawn Mowers

And finally, this Cub Cadet. http://ift.tt/1LHcfYX

I am looking to go and get one tomorrow, I have been mowerless for a couple of months now and since I have the money in hand I am ready to buy. Hopefully someone can reply tonight and advise which one of the ones above would be best, or if you have any other suggestions I am all ears, as you can see I am looking in the $399 neighborhood. Thank you for any help or advice!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire