mardi 26 mai 2015

Repairs Toro SS3200 - Something Funny Going On With Brake Actuator

I have a 2011 or 2012 Toro SS3200 zero-turn mower. Out of the blue, something happened and I can't figure out what's going on.

First, the battery was dead after I had used the mower a week before, when the battery seemed to be fine. After charging the battery, the mower started just fine. However, when I engaged the motion control levers, the mower wouldn't budge and seemed to power out. I did some research, and figured out that the electric brake was on. Then, strangely, when I turned off the ignition key, the mower kept running. I got up off the seat and pulled the control lever in and the engine stopped.

I manually reset the brake link arms connected to the electric brake actuator module. I started the mower again, and again when I engaged the control levers, the mower wouldn't budge and powered out. I checked the brake link arms and they had reset again to the "brake" position. Again, the ignition switch wouldn't shut off the engine.

I pulled the panel off with the ignition switch, checked the fuses (they were good), and pulled the switch. I checked the switch's continuity per the online service manual, and all the continuity checks were good. The seat switch works.

I since replaced the battery and that didn't solve anything (that was probably a waste of money).

I'm stumped. Is it the brake actuator module? Is there a short somewhere that drained the battery and is causing the other problems?

I hope someone with experience on the SS Toro zero-turns has some tips for me. I'd like to fix it myself and I hate to just throw parts at it. Thanks in advance for any advice!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire