lundi 25 avril 2016

brand new member

I joined the forum a couple of weeks ago but being a seasonal tax preparer my schedule just got a lot easier. I now have time to post and hopefully get the info I need from you. I have an Ariens 42" hydro cut with a 22 hp briggs and straton v tech engine. The governor adjustment and spring hook up had been removed when I did assembled the carb and cleaned it. The bowl etc was filled with bad gas and debris. The only way to get it to fire was with ether (also to keep it running. The carb works fine now but I can't seem to get the governor right. The governor has a primary and secondary spring. The choke is controlled by the throttle cable ***'y. the throttle cable, when sliding from slow to fast turns the throttle clockwise putting spring tension on the governor arm and turning it clockwise I had it running a couple of times and the engine slows and stalls at slow speeds.
i assume this means that the secondary spring is hooked up incorrectly. My concern is getting the primary spring and the arm adjusted right on the governor shaft. I should be able to get the secondary spring tension found with the engine running. Can anyone help me out with the proper way to fix my problems?


brand new member

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire