vendredi 27 juin 2014

Looks like oil in cylinder

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and hope someone can help me with this problem. I have a Toro Wheelhorse 44" riding mower with a 500cc BS intec OHV engine. It started smoking last cutting time and when I tried to start it this cut It would not. I have checked the spark plug and initially the gap was filled with oil. I cleaned the plug good and ran the engine to clear the cylinder while I checked for spark. There was oil in the cylinder and even after replacing the plug with a new one it will still not start. I checked the compression with an ordinary compression tester and got 110lbs. This might not be the right way to test this engine but it does have compression. I also checked the gas line to the carb and have flow. With the oil I couldn't tell if gas was getting into the cylinder. I had cleaned the intake air filter as a spring tuneup and cleaned it again. So now I guess the oil in the cylinder is something that must be corrected. My question is where to look? Valve problem or broken oil ring? I would sure appreciate any help that would be offered to me in this thread and help in where to start to correct it. Thank you in advance.



Larry




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire