mercredi 24 septembre 2014

Model 10415 Carb questions

Hi All,



After acquiring a couple junk lawnboys I have just got one running with a rebuilt short block from ebay. F series engine all new seals, bearings, and rings. Walbro LMR-10 Metal carb. When I first started it the air vane had no tension and it idled real low and sounded cool but it wouldn't rev up so I adjusted the air vane thumb wheel increased the tension and now it is revving up and running but the idle while lower than run speed is still higher than the minimum if I push the airvane back while it is running to the minimum throttle opening it will idle down and hold the idle.. Seems like I can have low idle and no high end or good throttle with high idle but not both low idle with high revs. Is this normal or should it wind up and idle down. I have no tach just by ear but I am not over revving cause I can still push the air vane open while running and make it increase RPM. The mixture screw on the side of the carb ? What does it do ? I have it open at 3/4 out. I guess I need a quick rundown on the proper tuning of the metal walbro carb if anyone wants to assist me. I am looking into getting a tach. Appreciate any insight. It runs and cut fine I just want to make sure that I have it revving and idling right too.



Thanks,

22R




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire