samedi 13 décembre 2014

HS40 No Spark Kicken my butt

Hi all. I'm new to the forum.



Just a slight bit of history, I am usually the one answering these questions! I am well known in the old Mopar and diesel areas. So I have a pretty good idea what's going on. Supposed to anyway. I'm above average with mechanics, I do my own engines and transmissions, brakes, front ends, on and on.



I have a 40 year old 3KW generator which has a Tecumseh HS40 power plant. It was my Dads so it's kind of precious to me. It's serviced us well over the years, but has been replaced with larger units. I keep it around for small emergencies and want to use it on my car trailer. Several years ago it stopped running and has been dormant since. It's kicking my butt.



I have no spark. I replaced the coil and condenser, cleaned the points up real good. I will replace them when I get the new ones. In the mean time I wanted to see if the spark issue was fixed. Nope! I've checked the air gap on the magnets, points are set at .020, (Several times), new plug and made sure the cam on the crank is opening and closing the points. I re-lubed the cam as well. I tested both the old and new condensers and they seem to test out fine. There are no faults in the wiring (Shorts). If I put a voltmeter on the plug wire, it will spike the meter. But still no spark. I even put an air ratchet on the flywheel and tried it. I also go brave and held the plug wire. Still nothing. There's no kill switch so that's out.



Any ideas? I'm too invested it to quit now.



Thanks in advance.

Steve




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire