samedi 21 mars 2015

STARTING PROBLEM SOLVED

I had an aggravating problem that my Gravely Zero-turn rider developed after only several years of use when I had to turn the key on & off about 30+ times before my Koehler engine finally started! ~ Thought it was low amperage and bought a new battery with 340 CC Amps, but the SAME issue persisted. ~ Thoughts of a bad starter or solenoid crossed my mind but upon checking the two spade wires that trigger the solenoid I removed them and found RUST on the contacts. Using a stainless steel brush and some electrician's corrosion-proof grease on both contact lugs resulted in my engine starting quickly & strongly with the first key turn!

Bottom Line: WHY doesn't the manufacturer of these high-end mowers do us all a favor and use corrosion-inhibiting grease on all the electrical contacts AT THE FACTORY so we consumers don't have to go nuts trying to figure out these problems a few years after buying their machines?!!!:mad:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire