lundi 23 novembre 2015

48" mower deck on LX188 - Bearing and Seal issue

Dear all,

my 98 LX188 has a 48" mower deck with badly damaged bearings. After disassembly i found out that the bearings used are of type 6204 (open type). The bearing housing is normally sealed with shaft seals on the top and bottom. The bearings are easy to get and cost only few Euros on the aftermarket. With the seals however, it's a bit more tricky. I contacted my local JD dealer for pricing of those. Result: For the price of one I can get all six ball bearings including shipping.
So my question is: Can't I just use closed-end-bearings (Type: 6204-2RS) instead of the open type and forget about the seals in the bearing housing? Those bearings have a lifetime fill of grease and are protected against splash water and dirt.

Has anyone ever tried this? Did it work?

Thanks in advance!

Carsten from North-Germany


48" mower deck on LX188 - Bearing and Seal issue

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire