samedi 14 novembre 2015

CMM1200 starts, but runs very slowly

I have a CMM1200 that was a warranty replacement for a CMM875. The CMM1200 portion is seven years old. I've replaced a hinge pin on it and nothing else... so far.

This mower has always worked consistently for me. I tend to mow every 2nd or 3rd weekend - usually the front yard one day and the back the next. I always keep it plugged into the charger when not in use. All of a sudden, I went to start it after a slightly longer break (5-6 weeks) and it was running very weakly. I managed to mow for about 15 minutes before the blade wasn't turning fast enough to cut grass. I plugged it in to charge overnight and got the green, fully charged light. But the mower is still running extremely slowly. It sounds like nothing is happening and after a few seconds you can hear (and see) the blades moving very slowly.

Today, I opened it up and took a multimeter to it (as best I could). Each individual battery measures right at 12 volts at rest. In series, they measure 24v at rest. When I pull the handle lever, the motor starts, but it runs extremely slowly. I tried measuring the voltage through the brushes to the motor and it went from 0 to a max of about 5v after 15-20 seconds.

I'm at a loss on what else to diagnose to figure out what might need to be replaced. Any thoughts?


CMM1200 starts, but runs very slowly

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire