lundi 23 novembre 2015

John Deere Mower Deck - Hot dip galvanized housing?

Hi again,

my 48" mower deck is currently beeing sandblasted (it was sure needing it... see pic). There is some welding work to do on the deflectors and I thought I'd give it a thorough cleaning before I start. When this is done the normal way would be to apply corrosion inhibitor (primer) and a top layer(s) of nice JD-Yellow (RAL 1018). The guy from the sandblasting company however gave me the idea to have it hot-dip galvanized instead of using a primer.
This would of course stop corrosion once and for all but wouldn't the heat cause deformations in the housing?
If anyone of you guys has experience with this topic (hot-dip galvanizing of sheet metal parts) please let me know...

Thanks in advance...

1.jpg2.jpg
Attached Images


John Deere Mower Deck - Hot dip galvanized housing?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire