dimanche 8 novembre 2015

Briggs and Stratton Crankshaft binding after installing new bearings and rod

I am rebuilding a Toro CCR3650 Briggs and Stratton 6.5 horsepower motor, the piston, rod, and connecting rod bearings were damaged by the motor running at a very high speed. I have installed the connecting rod bearings using white grease and attached it to the crankshaft. When I rotate the piston, it now appears to be binding in one location. I don't know where it is binding, as it should rotate smoothly. The crankshaft appears to be in good condition. I have not used any emery cloth to lightly sand it down. Does anyone have any thoughts? The crankshaft may have now a flat spot on it after the engine got damaged. I am considering on either purchasing a new short block, or just replacing the crankshaft. Thank you for your help!


Briggs and Stratton Crankshaft binding after installing new bearings and rod

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire