jeudi 10 décembre 2015

briggs vanguard 23hp locked up??

Well we have an 48hl olathe sweeper which has a new briggs on it as of last year... Unfortunately the guy running it ran it out of oil(tho he swears he checked it) So now a year and 2 grand later we are stuck with a paper weight once again... I put about 1.5 quarts into the motor when it happened so it was for sure low! Had it sit for about 30min and while I was gone getting the backhoe to drag it back to the shop, the employee that was using it tried to start it again(after I told him not to mess with it) He said it ran for a couple sec and then just shut off! Today I got a few min to look at it.. Motor turns free for about a turn then locks up(plugs are out of it) The starter wont even get past it.. So im thinking the connecting rod snapped and it just it wedging itself against the block...I couldnt look down the rear spark plug hole as I was trying to spin it so not sure if that piston is moving, the front one is for sure moving. Any ideas what might be wrong? I wanna tear into it at some point but not sure what im gonna get into(tips/tricks).. Im pretty sure the motor is Fubar... I havent called about the warranty but im pretty sure they wont cover it since it was an operator error unless they can find a manufacture defect in it somewhere... My new plan is to use one of the 18hp vanguards that we have on an older motor that is no longer in use(old school 3 wheeled yazoo) Im hoping it will still be enough power to run the hyrdos and sweeper part of it... I ideally want to get it running again and get rid of it! Would rather use a vac to attach to our dump truck.. The old boss who is no longer there was up for spending the money on a new motor last year vs a vac system...:thumbdown:


briggs vanguard 23hp locked up??

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire