mercredi 9 décembre 2015

TB 280 ES Surges and dies.

my mower is a 21" self propelled, electric start TB280 ES. B&S 725EX 190cc. Came here looking to solve the problem of engine surge - up and down and finally dies.

Actually after reading for about an hour here - I repaired it today and it runs as good if not better than ever.

This is what was wrong - Mowing leaves (mulching) and half way thru the mower started surging from normal to almost dying over and over. It's got leaves and stuff all over it and even up in the throttle/choke linkage. No problem, I cleaned it out real well and tried to start it. It would start and the only way I could keep it running was to move the automatic choke rod back and forth.

I decided that somehow the choke mechanism thing by the muffler was bad. I came here to see how to change or repair it.

I kept reading and the "carburetor needs cleaning" kept getting mentioned. So, thinking that the mower is snookered right now - that tearing into the carb wouldn't make it any worse - I did. Very simple to take off, clean out with choke spray, blow out with air, put it back together, no left over parts, and it runs great.

If a person will do a little reading - the info is here.

Thanks go out to all who contributed the info in the forum.

Y'all done good.

ps. nothing wrong with the choke at all.


TB 280 ES Surges and dies.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire