samedi 30 janvier 2016

Briggs powered Generator

Hello,
I just purchased a Homelite 4400 power generator that is powered by an 8 hp Briggs. As you can imagine, it has not been run much and therefore the carburetor had varnish buildup in it which required a carb rebuild. I disassembled it and soaked the body in naptha solvent for several hours, cleaned out all the ports and jets and removed the steel plug and small freeze plug-type cap(welch plug?). The engine now runs perfectly and even starts with less than a full pull of the rope.
Now to my problem: When I put an electrical load on the generator the governor doesn't pick up the load. The rpms fall and that allows the voltage and hertz to drop. I can manipulate the throttle linkage to hold the load, but in a situation where I'm using this generator for backup power, I can't stand there and hold the throttle. Not that I would.
I think the a previous owner/small engine wrench has made adjustments or bent slightly the screw stop and the spring hook tab.
Can someone please help me or refer me to help for this.


Briggs powered Generator

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire