jeudi 7 janvier 2016

Long term storage (without gasoline)

I have a couple of generators I would like to "store" indefinitely without gasoline. I hope I don't have to use them. Once a year I start them, drain the fuel and replace it with new fuel.

I'd like to know if there is a better method. I know if I let them run dry, the float and inside of the fuel tanks could rust and the inside of the carb corrode. I was wondering if I ran them dry, disconnected the fuel hose and removed the fuel cap and let the gas evaporate pver a couple of hot summers day, then sprayed this Sta-Bil fogging oil into the fuel inlet port of the carb and inside the gas tank if that would prevent any corrosion from building up.

Can't seem to post this link to this photo otherwise:

http://ift.tt/1ODn41T


Long term storage (without gasoline)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire