mercredi 2 décembre 2015

Hard starting LB 8231 ????

Hi all:

I have a LB 8231 mower that is difficult to start when the mower is cold. It hot starts on the first pull as it should.

Here is what I have done to the engine:

The spark is very hot.

The fuel primer emits a copious amount of fuel when the primer bulb has been pressed.

I have not checked the cold compression with a gauge but it appears to be sufficient.

There are no air leaks in the carb area or engine area.

I assume that the engine seals are good as it starts very well when hot and runs well.

Should I install the air cleaner? I am attempting to run the engine sans the air cleaner. Perhaps the air cleaner is needed to make sure that the priming gasoline charge does not escape from the carb. I have never had to start a LB engine with the filter fitted to the carb.

Any suggestions for getting a quick cold start?

Tia,

Franchi


Hard starting LB 8231 ????

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire