jeudi 3 décembre 2015

MTD mower DECK extension spring need help

I have Montgomery Wards rider, Signature 2000 Elite. Mower model # TM030000A. Made by MTD. MTD cross over # 131A670G088. The deck is Deck G model 600 & 700 series for front engine lawn tractors, side discharge.
The mower was given to me about 15 years ago. Has a Briggs twin engine. The mower has served me well for years but needed the engine rebuilt. I rebuilt the engine over the summer and now am working on the deck.
My problem is with the extension spring that hooks on a spring retainer bracket attached to left rear axle of tractor. Extension spring is 7.58" long. Spring is part # 732-0556 and rear of spring attaches to bracket # 17128. These are shown on parts list along with diagram schematic. This spring is a PTA to remove and I made a tool for pulling back on the spring to remove from axel bracket. Problem is, I have removed the deck several times over the years BUT still not sure I have the front of the spring attached to the stabilizer bracket in the correct place. Any help will be sincerely appreciated.
This is a well built mower, all steel except the grill. Only other problem I have had is having to pull back extremely hard on the deck lift lever in order to get it to start. Safety switch has been replaced. FISH was helpful in suggesting bending the triangle tab on the lift lever might help in this. Will try that once I re-install the deck.
Hope you MTD mechanics have suggestions.
Thanks and great days ahead to all of you
Red Cox


MTD mower DECK extension spring need help

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire