mardi 1 décembre 2015

RPM Question

Last year I bought a G5500 class (24 HP Briggs), 54 Craftsman garden tractor and I have a question about the RPM. According to the manual, the gas throttle supposed to be almost max whether the mower is engaged or not. I can understand the full gas when using the mower, but using the tractor for towing a small garden trailer would seem a waist of gas and unnecessary engine wear. I checked the RPM where the gas throttle supposed to be and it was 3100 RPM. Do I really need to crank it up that high when not using the mowing function?
For the past 20 years (and still use it), I have been using an old Yazoo, 18HP Wisconsin TJD with a 60 deck. I usually keep the gas throttle at 1800 RPM. I realize that this Wisconsin engine is not a Briggs, most likely has a longer stroke and even though it is 30 years old, it probably will outlast the Briggs.
I appreciate your input on the RPM issue.


RPM Question

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire