samedi 27 février 2016

Generac Model 0065950 Engine Will Not Start

I've got a Generac Model 0065950 pressure washer that's on the fritz. Sorry Fritz! It was running fine but it's been sitting for about 60 days with no pre-treaments or storage considerations other than stuff it in that corner of the garage. Having lost a brand new lawn mower a few years back to bad gas after non-use for a while I would like to try and fix this one myself. So here's what I've got so far.

  1. The engine model is unknown but it's the 196cc model
  2. Verified there was a spark on the spark plug when pulling the starting cord using the old "pull the plug & ground it to the engine block" method.
  3. Removed the plastic air filter cover
  4. Pulled the carburetor back enough to release the fuel line from the tank
  5. Drained all the gas from the tank
  6. Liberally sprayed the carb with Valvoline Choke and Carb Cleaner
  7. Re-assembled all, refilled the tank with fresh gasoline, attempted starting the engine


For a brief moment I heard it start to fire up and the pull cord slackened like it was ready to start. The second pull got about the same thing but then alas, nothing, nothing, nothing. I can pull the cord until I pass out and it will not start. In desperation I opened her back up and poured a few drops of gas into the air filter above the carb. Still nothing.

So is this a dead horse and I should just order a new carb for it online? BTW, the lawnmower I lost was dropped off with a repair shop who wanted almost $30 more than what I paid for the thing brand new. So I just left it with them to do what they wanted with. This time I'd like to get at least a little more time out of the machine.

One last point. I've looked all over the net, many searches on yahoo and google to find the manual for this model. But not even Generac's website had much about this model, particularly the engine manual.


Generac Model 0065950 Engine Will Not Start

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire