dimanche 28 février 2016

MS260 seems like it isn't getting fuel / replacing the fuel line

Hello, I have an MS260 and I went to start it this afternoon and it just wouldn't start. It almost acted like it didn't have gas. So I checked the tank and it didn't have much so I added a but more. When I'd pull on the pull starter it didn't sound like it normally does. Like it just didn't have enough oomph to get itself started. Like I said it acts like it may not getting fuel but not quite the same symptoms I guess is the right word. It's hard to explain. Just using the saw all the time I've gotten used to how it acts. It was working fine yesterday. I used it a good portion of the afternoon. The gas is also fine. It's a fresh mix.

I thought it may be the fuel filter. So I started to fish it out and as I was getting the filter through the gas tank opening the fuel line just ripped apart. I barely put any pressure on it at all. I was just adjusting the filter so it's make it through the tank opening. So I'm assuming the line had a crack in it or something similar and it was sucking air. At least I'm hoping so I don't have to do any further investigating.

Now to get to the point... Is there a way I can test the filter to see if it is clogged. I'm going to replace it along with the line obviously, but I can't get to the parts store until probably after 5 tomorrow and they close at 5:30 so I was to do as much troubleshooting as possible to figure out what all I may need so I can grab it and get this thing fixed by tomorrow night. I can't be without the saw when the weekend comes. I lost too much valuable time today.

So I was wondering if there is a way to test to see if the filter is clogged just to help me be more certain it was the line and the filter. Also, what else should I check while I am repairing the fuel line? I'll have things moved around and undone so I'd rather check it all then to make things quicker / easier?

Thanks.


MS260 seems like it isn't getting fuel / replacing the fuel line

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire