dimanche 28 février 2016

srm-225 trimmer works but has a few issues

So I have an srm-225 straight shaft trimmer that I have had for about 4 years. I am very satisfy with its performance but within the last year and a half of so I have been having trouble with starting it. Most of the time I have to pull the starter cord multiple times to get it started. After I get it started I have to wait for it to warm up before I open up the throttle or else it will shut off. I will use it for about 20-25 minutes doing the trimming around the front of the house and then shut off and put it down meanwhile I do the mowing. 15-20 minutes later I pick it back up and start it again and it requires multiple pulls to get it to start and it needs to warm up again before I open up the throttle. "WTHeck, I just used it 20 min. ago"!!! I was looking online about how to troubleshoot this problem and I stumbled upon spark arrestor cleaning videos on youtube. I took apart the housing to get to the muffler and remove and clean the spark arrestor screen and what??? (no screen). I've never taken it apart. ( unless it was taken off the time I took it in for service like 2 years ago and never got put back on) Is it normal to not have the screen? Anyway, recently I have rebuilt and cleaned the carburetor, changed the air filter, changed the fuel lines, changed the spark plug and seems to be working fine except for the starting problem and also getting some gas/oil residue from the air filter compartment area. Can anyone give me a little bit of feedback on these issues? I greatly appreciate it.


srm-225 trimmer works but has a few issues

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire