vendredi 26 février 2016

MTD ride on cutter belt tension.

I was being good and serviced the ride on mower, new belts, grease etc, and my reward is it is not cutting right. Should have nown better :smile:
MTD Mower, under the seat says -Mastercut 96 150Kg 13AH760F459 AB068L10371
Deck arangement is 2 cutter pullies, one tensioner pulley and belt drive from engine shaft. Tensioner only pulls one side of the belt.

All went well but I removed the deck by undoing the adjusting bolt right at the front of the deck (T bar) and now can't seem to get the setup right.
I reattached everything and with a new belt (now damaged so old one back on, still fine no wear on it) levelled the deck with the front adjuster which used nearly all of the thread on it.
Started up and engaged the cutters, smell of burning rubber and no cutter movement as the belt not moving just rubbing on a pulley, not sure which one.
I have tried readjusting and can cut with it, had to use it today as grass bad.

Although the tensioner moves back ok (I think) the belt is not very tight when cutter lever is engaged, I can move it about 2cn (1") either way. It is gripping the front pulley and works ok.
Problem is that to get the belt tension like this the cutters are down at the front by about 1cm (1/").
If I level the deck by raising the front the belt is too slack to grip.

I am levelling based on the cutting blade front and rear the same, rear deck wheels on the ground. At this point on low setting the front of the deck is about 1cm from the ground.
Should I lower the deck using the two rear adjusters so that the rear of the blade drops so levelling it ? Never touched these since new, about 10 yrs ago.
Any advice appreciated John


MTD ride on cutter belt tension.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire