vendredi 26 février 2016

Need to buy a new self propelled mower

Hi,
I am new to this forum and joined primarily because I need to buy a lawn mower for this coming season and would like input from members.
About me: I am 86 yrs old, 5'3" and weigh in at 135 lbs. Yeah, I am a little guy.
About the yard: Located in southeast Pennsylvania just over 1 acre with about 1/3 acre in lawn. There is hardly a level spot in the yard and the only straight line is along the street. There are over 50 large trees (1 to 3 feet in diameter and 100 feet tall) and numerous smaller trees. I mention this because the lawn mower gets by far its hardest workout in the fall because it is necessary to use the basket to catch the mulched leaves.
About the mower: Must have or be- walk behind, self propelled (preferably variable speed as apposed to self paced - if there really is a difference), rear wheel drive, easy to use height adjusters, and 3-in-1 deck. Other would be nice features -key electric start (with a self charging battery) and a control to stop the blade from moving while the engine still is running. The closest that I have found so far is a Craftsman but unfortunately it has front wheel drive. I know the Toro meets most of these requirements but I have had nothing but problems with them and would like to get away from them.

Your thoughts about what mower I should consider will be greatly appreciated.


Need to buy a new self propelled mower

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire