mercredi 10 février 2016

Fuel oozes out of carb orifice a while after shut down

2013 Husqvarna LTH154. It has a Walbro LMK carb fitted to a Kohler Courage 15HP [597cc SV470-3212, S/N 4304637623 build date 15/2/13].

Fuel is collecting inside the air cleaner housing and dripping on the floor - not a large amount, but concerning nonetheless. (I suspect it may be entering the engine too, diluting the oil.)

I tested the fuel cut-off solenoid and the plunger wasn't springing back up every time so I replaced it. But that hasn't cured the problem.

About an hour or two after shutting down the engine the fuel starts to ooze out of the carb.

I finally tracked down where it is coming from - the venturi on the left side of the intake which leads down to the float bowl.

I'm suspecting the float needle, but when I checked it under a magnifying glass it looked good.

Have any of you guys come across this problem before?

What do you think it might be?

Thanks for reading.

Regards,
Chris









Fuel oozes out of carb orifice a while after shut down

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire