mardi 2 février 2016

My Lawn Equipment Repair Thread

I tried to make a lawn equipment repair thread before, but I made the mistake of attaching too many pictures to the first page and it took forever to load.:rolleyes: I couldn't edit my posts to change it, so I decided to start over. :smile:

I have also created a blog at primerbulb120.wordpress.com that will parallel this thread. Feel free to comment - I appreciate feedback!



This Stihl FS 55 RC just passed its final test. It needs a bump knob for the trimmer head and needs to be cleaned up, but it's almost done. I already have a buyer for it. :biggrin:



It was given to me for free. It wouldn't start (sat with gas in it) and the owners didn't need it anymore. A new carburetor, air filter and fuel filter got it running like new.

Next I changed the oil on a Craftsman 917.377280. It is fully functional, but I still need to clean it up and restore the paint before it will be for sale.



I previously spent an hour converting it to autochoke because I didn't have a primer bulb for it. :laughing:

After that I replaced the starter rope on a Troy-Bilt TB65SS. I also spent about an hour tuning the carburetor. It is now ready for testing although it may need to be tuned again.





I tried converting it to split shaft, but the clutch wouldn't work right with that setup.


Then I worked on a Poulan Pro 262 chainsaw. After a carb cleaning, new fuel lines and filter it ran - but WAY too rich. Something was obviously wrong with the carb, as it still ran too rich with the mixture screws closed all the way.:laughing:





This particular carb has a large triangular welch plug inside covering the idle passages. I replaced the plug during my rebuild and apparently installed it wrong, allowing gas to flow past the mixture screws into the carb throat from the metering chamber. I pulled it out and replaced it again and the saw runs reasonably well. :thumbsup: It's not perfect though, so I'll have to tune it more tomorrow.


My Lawn Equipment Repair Thread

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire